Basic Life Support | Advanced Life Support
Instructor Courses – Basic Life Support
American Heart Association BLS Instructor
Basic Life Support Instructor Courses will train instructor candidates to teach American Heart Association Basic Life Support courses. In order to participate in this course, you must
- Possess a current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification. We ask all instructor candidates to possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for least six months (no lapse in certification) before attending a class. Instructor classes are difficult and not ideal for new providers.
- Students must complete an application and be accepted into the course by the training center, which may include a verification of skills.
Note: Instructor courses can be very difficult for new providers. Providers should allow time to gain experience before attempting an instructor course
- Be at least 18 years of age on the last day of the instructor course.
- This is a blended learning course consisting of online content and classroom segments. Online material must be completed prior to attending the classroom activities.
AN AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION BASIC LIFE SUPPORT INSTRUCTOR MANUAL IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION.
We are happy to align potential instructors at Moon Valley CPR. We will explain your responsibilities as an instructor, the teaching expectations of the American Heart Association, our roles as a training site, and complete the documentation for instructor alignment. We do not charge an affiliation fee.
New instructors are encouraged to observe a class before teaching. The lead instructor will discuss class documentation and submission, set up, teaching strategies, and the workflow of a typical class. Instructors must be monitored while teaching their first class and may assist with classes until they feel confident in a lead instructor position.
Our Next Classes
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Instructor Course279.00The American Heart Association BLS Instructor Course certifies the participant to teach the BLS for Healthcare Providerse (BLS) Course, renewal course, and BLS Skill Sessions. In addition, instructors may teach all the AHA Heartsaver programs including: adult CPR, child CPR, infant CPR, AED use, first aid, pediatric CPR/first aid, and bloodborne pathogens. BLS Instructor certification is valid for a period of two (2) years.
The classroom portion covers American Heart Association procedures, course guidelines and agendas, instructor challenges, classroom set-up, learning theory, administrative support, and instructor-candidate teaching demonstrations. .
NOTE: Students must hold a current BLS for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association to be eligible to take this course. The course fee of $279 does NOT include materials needed to teach your first class (BLS Provider DVD, manikins, AED trainers, BVMs, and associated student supplies).
- Red Cross - Basic Life Support Instructor Course269.00This course will train instructor candidates to teach American Red Cross Basic Life Support courses. In order to participate in this course, you must possess a current basic-level American Red Cross Basic Life Support (or higher level) certification or equivalent and be at least 16 years of age on the last day of the instructor course. Upon registration, it is important that you review and follow the directions on the e-mail attachment sent with your registration confirmation. This is a blendedlearning course consisting of online content, a precourse skills session and classroom segments. Online material must be completed prior to attending the classroom activities. For more information, please reference the attachment you will receive via e-mail when you register for this course.
All students must have copies of either printed or digital versions of the following:
■ Basic Life Support Instructor’s Manual for Instructor-Led Training
■ Basic Life Support Instructor’s Manual for Blended Learning
■ Basic Life Support Participant’s Manual
■ Basic Life Support Course Presentation for Instructor-Led Training, Basic Life Support DVD or Basic Life
Students will be permitted to bring their laptops and tablets to class in order to access the digital materials
We are currently accepting Basic Life Support Instructors for affiliation and contract instruction. Contact us at 602-635-9787 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Red Cross - Affiliation RequestRed Cross Instructors who wish to affiliate with Moon Valley CPR may complete a request here. Teaching opportunities including First Aid/CPR/AED, BLS, Wilderness and Advanced First Aid, Babysitting, and ALS/PALS.
- American Heart Association - Alignment requestMoon Valley CPR is accepting requests for alignment for current AHA Instructors in good standing. Teaching opportunities include BLS, ACLS, PALS, and Heartsaver® courses. Red Cross instructor bridging is available at no charge